LuxTravelEx is a hospitality consultancy providing operational, strategic, marketing and HR related support services to the tourism and hospitality industry in Southern Africa. We have over 25 years of experience in the luxury hospitality sector, both in Africa and Europe and are providing capacity to the travel and tourism trade.
LuxTravelEx also designs luxury travel experiences for inbound tour operators providing specialized and tailor made tourist guiding services to high end clients with focus on gourmet, wine, golf, art and culture.
LuxTravelEx was founded in 2013 by Gaby Gramm who has a long and successful career in managing luxury hotels in Europe and Southern Africa.
Our vision is to grow tourism across Africa, to close the wide skills gap and to improve the tourism offering across the continent, ultimately contributing to making tourism an important employment and growth sector.We further provide a market link between quality tourism products that exist on the African continent and the international tourist trade markets. This will ensure that Africa features continuously on the international travel trade radar.
//Meet Gaby Gramm
Gaby Gramm, Proprietor
Working with a range of luxury properties and operators across South Africa, German-born Gaby Gramm uses her exceptional experience and knowledge in the field of operational and marketing hospitality to add sustainable value for her clients in whatever their specific needs are.
LuxtravelEx finds its strength in Gaby’s commitment to improving the value of a company over a short time frame – exactly what is needed in many turn-around situations.
Having obtained her Executive MBA at the UCT School of Business in 2012 and a lean-practitioner, Gaby uses her hospitality and travel experience and insight, combined with her dedication to sound business strategy and focus on growing and maintaining business within an ever-changing environment, to ensure that she provides each partner within the LuxTravelEx network the best possible return on their marketing investment.
Gaby also is a qualified South African Tourist Guide (Level 4) and offers private guiding services on the English and German speaking market designing unconventional itineraries matching personal interests of the travelling client.
Gaby’s long list of accolades and achievements within the local and international luxury travel industry range from honing her skills in hotels in France and the United Kingdom, to recently being selected as one of the Top 100 in 2012 in the Condé Nast Traveler US Reader’s Choice awards. Looking at Gaby’s complete set of achievements, it goes without saying that LuxTravelEx by Gaby Gramm is the best choice when looking for international and local representation for your property.
- Trained at the sought-after Hotel School in Lausanne, Switzerland
- Honed her skills at various hotels in France and the United Kingdom
- Member of the start-up staff at the 5-star Cape Grace Hotel in 1996
- Deputy General Manager at Cape Grace Hotel from 2000 – 2003. During this time the Cape Grace was voted Best Hotel in the World by Condé Nast Travel Magazine readers
- Joined the Steenberg Hotel as General Manager in 2003. In May 2005, the Steenberg Hotel was bought by Graham Beck’s Kangra Group and Gaby was given carte blanche to turn the Steenberg Hotel into the highly successful and awarded business it is today.
- Winner of the corporate section of the Western Cape’s Regional Business Achiever Awards 2007, arranged by The Businesswomen’s Association and sponsored by Nedbank
- With Steenberg: Condé Nast Traveler US Reader’s Choice awards – Top Hotel in Africa and the Middle East 2011
- With Steenberg: Condé Nast Traveler US Reader’s Choice awards – Top 100 in 2012
- With Steenberg: Numerous TripAdvisor Recognitions